Meander Valley Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Meander Valley?
Meander Valley Tourism
Tasmania, the island state of Australia, is a beautiful destination that has emerged as a popular tourist spot in the recent years. The Meander Valley region in Tasmania is known for its natural beauty and is a top-rated destination for visitors who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation.
Here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the Meander Valley region:
1. Cataract Gorge: Located in Launceston, Cataract Gorge is a natural gorge that extends along the South Esk River. It is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike, offering scenic views and various recreational activities such as hiking, rock-climbing, and swimming. Contact: (03) 6323 3000
2. Deloraine: Deloraine is a small town located in the Meander Valley Region, known for its rich artistic culture. It is home to numerous art galleries, antique shops, and artisanal craft stores, confluencing all kinds of art and creativity. In addition to that, tourists can also visit the Deloraine Street Market, held every Saturday, to buy fresh produce and enjoy local cuisines. Contact: (03) 6362 3050
3. Cradle Mountain: Cradle Mountain is a well-known tourist attraction in the area, one that offers a unique wilderness experience. The national park is the renowned spot of hiking and mountain climbing opportunities, but real enthusiasts and visitors enjoy the flora, fauna and wildlife of nature. Don't forget to check with the staff of Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre to help you arrange a memorable walk, as traveling the mountain alone is prohibited. Contact: (03) 6492 1110.
4. Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary: The Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary is a must-visit destination for animal lovers. The sanctuary offers visitors a unique chance to interact with Tasmanian’s native animals including wombats, wallabies, and Tasmanian devils. Besides, visitors can watch the caretakers hand-feed these animals and learn about their behaviors and habitats. Contact: (03) 6363 6162
5. Ashgrove Cheese: Ashgrove Cheese is a dairy farm that offers visitors an authentic Tasmanian food experience. The family-owned business allows visitors to walk around the farm and learn the cheese-making process, ending with tasting the various cheese types they offer. Visitors can also enjoy the café, serving delicious local foods and cuisines, while taking a tour of farm'smuseum. Contact: (03) 6368 1105
6. Liffey Falls: Liffey falls is a tranquil and refreshing waterfall located in the heart of the Great Western Tier. Visitors can spend time near the Liffey River, swim, and soak in the scenic beauty. Liffey Falls State Reserve has a picnic area as well, and visitors can enjoy a meal after a stroll. Contact: (03) 6397 4444
7. Chudleigh Honey Farm: Chudleigh Honey Farm is a Meander Valley's tourist's attraction for honey lovers. They not only offer a variety of honey-based products but also offer a sincere inside of the hives and bees. Get a chance to explore Tasmania's native flowers garden, taste the different kinds of honey, and buy quality honey products made in Tasmania. Contact: (03) 6363 6160
These are only a few of the many tourist attractions in the Meander Valley region of Tasmania. Visitors will not only have a chance to connect to nature but also different local culture and Tasmanian's gourmet foods. It is a perfect place for a peaceful and reflective vacation.
Meander Valley Tourism Articles